Python bindings to the XOSD library
PyOSD is a python module for displaying text on your X display,
much like the "On Screen Displays" used on TVs and some monitors.
Download the latest release: pyosd-0.2.14.tar.gz. If you're still using
XOSD 1.x, download 0.2.5 instead - the final release for 1.x.
Update, Mon 29-Aug-2005
- PyOSD 0.2.14 released.
- Fail cleanly when the provided font and default font are unavailable
(thanks to Olivier Favre-Simon)
Update, Thu 25-Aug-2005
- PyOSD 0.2.13 released.
- A locale fix which should allow the display of non-western
characters such as Russian and Japanese in cases where it wouldn't
- Some bugfixes to the battery module
Why can I display text interactively, but not in a script?
Text is displayed in a different thread, so you need to keep the
program running long enough to see the text. Usually this means adding
the following function call at the end of your program:
Update, Thu 27-Jan-2005
- PyOSD 0.2.12 released.
- The previous release was missing the python-side bindings for
set_bar_length() - these have now been added.
Update, Fri 29-Oct-2004
- PyOSD 0.2.11 released.
- Patch from Joe LaPenna to add set_bar_length()
Update, Mon 25-July-2004
- PyOSD 0.2.10 released.
- Fixed a bug in scroll()
Update, Mon 01-Mar-2004
- PyOSD 0.2.9 released.
- Another patch from Hans which adds more function bindings. You can
now control horizontal and vertical offsets, block until the
display is hidden, etc.
Update, Mon 23-Feb-2004
- PyOSD 0.2.8 released.
- Patch to support alignment adjustment, so messages can be displayed
in the center or on the right:
>>> import pyosd
>>> p = pyosd.osd()
Update, Sat 18-Jan-2004
- PyOSD 0.2.7 released.
- Patch to add support for new xosd calls like set_outline_offset
- Added display.py to support the display of arbitrary messages using
Update, Sat 19-Apr-2003
- PyOSD 0.2.6 released.
- Foreign characters are no longer stripped, as xosd supports them now.
- The multiplexing daemon accepts an argument 'allinterfaces' to bind to all
interfaces. Not recommended except on an internal network.